Why you shouldn’t use bleach to kill mould…
Bleach will kill virtually every species of indoor mould it comes into contact with, along with the mould spores. Unfortunately, however, using bleach is only effective if the mould is growing on non-porous materials such as tiles, bathtubs, glass, and countertops.
Bleach cannot penetrate into porous materials. It does not come into contact with mould growing beneath the surface of materials, such as mould in your interior walls. Bleach will kill the mould above the surface, but the roots within the material will remain and the mould will soon return.
Bleach is also highly toxic. Inhaling bleach fumes is harmful to humans and pets.
If you want to spot-remove mould from your home, we recommend you use a white vinegar solution. This will kill surface mould without the toxic side-effects of bleach.
Contact us for a free quote for effective, non-toxic mould removal.