How do you prevent the growth of mould in your home?
Mould thrives on moisture and cold. If your home is well-ventilated, mould is unlikely to grow. This is the reason mould increases in autumn and winter months, when we tend to keep doors and windows closed.
Our top tips to prevent mould:
1. In the kitchen and bathroom, open windows or use exhaust fans when engaging in activities that produce moisture
2. If you have a clothes dryer, make sure it is vented to the outdoors
3. As soon as you see any mould, wipe it down with a white vinegar solution and let damp areas dry out
4. Use a dehumidifier
5. Switch your heating from gas to electric, as an unflued gas heater releases a lot of moisture into the air
6. Use a bathroom extraction fan to reduce steam and moisture released from showers
7. Use a ventilation system to dry out your home and circulate air. (However, this will also move mould spores around the house if your system filters are infected with mould!)
Contact us to get a quote for your home.